Who says your grilled drumsticks have to be chicken? Branch out with turkey drumsticks for larger portion sizes and a distinctive taste.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 pounds turkey drumsticks
1. Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium indirect heat.
2. Combine sugar, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl; mix well.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each drumstick. Sprinkle each drumstick evenly with seasoning mixture.
4. Place drumsticks on grill grate over drip pan and cover grill with lid.
5. Grill 1 ½ hours, or until drumsticks are tender when fork is inserted easily into meat and internal temperature registers 180°F.
Source: National Turkey Federation