This dish is easy to make and fun to eat. It's also low in calories, making it very diet-friendly.
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup fried vermicelli rice noodles, optional
- 8-10 large lettuce leaves, whole (romaine or butter lettuce)
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoon dry red wine
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoon water
Combine ingredients for marinade. Add ground beef and let marinate for 15 minutes. In a large frying pan heat oil. Add marinated meat and stir-fry on a high heat until meat is cooked through. Add frozen peas and cook for one more minute. Turn off heat and stir in fried rice noodles. Remove mixture to a serving platter and serve next to lettuce leaves to be used as wraps. Place a lettuce leaf on your plate, spoon meat into center, and fold up lettuce to form a cup.