Guacamole is a classic Mexican dip that highlights the creaminess and great taste of the avocado; a perfect starter or snack.
Love Mexican food? 12 Mexican Family Dinners Kids Love
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 avocados
- 1 large or 2 medium roasted jalapeno, diced
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 cup cilantro or parsley
- 3 limes, freshly squeezed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato, diced (optional)
1. Slice avocado in half and take out pit.
2. Using a knife, cut avocados lengthwise and width wide without cutting the peel. Scoop avocado out with a spoon into a bowl.
3. Add diced jalapeno, white onion, parsley or cilantro and juice of 3 limes.
4. Add a teaspoon of salt and mix lightly with a wooden spoon. If you like it chunky leave it chunky; if you like it more smooth, mash until you reach your desired consistency.
5. Add 1 diced tomato (optional).
6. Serve with plantain chips.
Want recipes like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up now for Jamie Geller's Weekly Newsletter.