Once you make your own homemade granola you'll never get store-bought again. There is just no comparison.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup fat-free milk, per serving
- Fresh berries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Stir together oatmeal, almonds, cinnamon and salt, if desired, in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk maple syrup, apple juice and vegetable oil. Pour over oatmeal mixture and stir to coat thoroughly.
4. Spread mixture in an even layer onto a 15x12-inch baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring twice during baking time.
5. Cool mixture in the pan before adding raisins.
6. Store granola in an airtight container.
To serve: Pour 1 cup of milk over a heaping 1/2 cup of granola. Top with fresh berries, if desired. Serving suggestion: Instead of milk, top 1 cup of fat-free yogurt with the granola.
Source: National Dairy Council