For my big two year old! A dessert he and his siblings will love that’s elegant enough to serve to kids of all ages.
When you want to go really fancy or just want a great frosting recipe to use in this recipe check out my Triple Layer Chocolate Cake.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 24 cupcakesServings
- 1 (18¼-ounce) box cake mix (plus water, oil, and eggs called for on box)
- 24 flat-bottom ice cream cones
- 2 (16-ounce) containers vanilla frosting
- ½ cup sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place muffin liners in 2 (12-cup) muffin pans and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, prepare cake batter as directed on box.
4. Divide batter evenly among 24 muffin cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Place an ice cream cone upside down on batter for each cupcake.
5. Bake until lightly browned and done, about 16 to 22 minutes. Check cones halfway through baking to make sure they are straight; adjust if necessary.
6. Remove from oven and cool completely, about 30 minutes.
7. Remove baking liners and generously frost each cake. Garnish with sprinkles. Serve the same day.