We know it can be tricky to find a decent gluten-free cookie recipe, but these cookies with Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour are the best! The kids in our house just kept coming back for more. We took these cookies to the next level by sandwiching a slab of non-dairy ice cream in the middle. Share these healthy ice cream sandwiches with the family on a hot summer day, totally guilt-free!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Vegan vanilla ice-cream
- Mini chocolate chips
Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ / 175℃.
- Add Bob's Red Mill Almond Flour, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda to a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed meal and water, then add it to the mix.
- Add the vanilla extract, coconut oil and almond butter and mix until combined.
- Separate 1 cup of the dough into a different bowl and add the cocoa powder to it. Mix well until the dough turns a dark chocolate color.
- Shape the dough into a large rectangle (large enough to slice into 4 smaller rectangles).
- Bake for 10-12 mins.
- Cut off the edges with a sharp knife.
- Cut in half and then cut each half into another half so there are 4 rectangular cookies of equal size (see video).
- Put 6 scoops of ice-cream between two layers of plastic wrap and use your hands to flatten until it is one inch thick all around.
- Freeze the ice-cream for 30 mins.
- Cut the ice-cream into a rectangle shape that fits between two cookies.
- Place the ice cream on one of the cookies and cover with the other cookie.
- Press together gently, then place on a tray to freeze for 30 mins.
- Enjoy :)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- For the round cookies: flatten out the leftover cookie dough.
- Use a cup to make 4 circles.
- Bake for 10-12 mins.
- Use the same cup to make holes in the frozen and flattened ice cream.
- Put the ice cream between two round cookies.
- Roll the ice cream sandwich on a plate of mini chocolate chips.
- Place on a tray to freeze for 30 mins.
- Serve and enjoy!