Pavlovas are just a fancy name for meringues and always wow guests without being too complicated for you in the kitchen. You can make them the day before and then fill with bright lemony whipped cream just before serving.
Learn more tips and tricks on How To Make Meringue here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature 30 minutes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 Tablespoons cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 cups strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. In an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Add water and continue to beat until soft peaks form again. While whipping, sprinkle in sugar mixture a 1/4 cup at a time and beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Divide meringue evenly into 12 round mounds on sheet pans and spread into a 3 1/2” circle with the back of a spoon, making a indentation in the middle and leaving a 1/2” rim around the edge. Bake in a 240℉ oven for 45 minutes, until meringue is puffed up and begins to crack. Turn oven off and crack the door open slightly and allow to dry for 1 hour. Remove and cool completely.
- In an electric mixer fitted with a whisk, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add lemon curd and beat until stiff peaks form. Fill each pavlova with about 3 heaping tablespoons of lemon cream mixture and top with one sliced strawberry.