These burgers are perfect when cooking for 2 or 20, they're so easy and so delicious with a bright fresh salad you will want to make them part of your regular rotation of meals.
Choose either ground beef or chicken to make the burgers, they both work amazing and taste so good with the addition of our favorite spices. Use za'atar for a more herby, nutty and bright burger or use baharat for a warmer peppery and earthy flavor profile.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- ½ small red onion, sliced thin
- ½ ounce arugula
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- Garnish: toasted pita pieces, Jamie Geller Sumac
1. In a large salad bowl combine radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, arugula, mint and parsley. Dress with 2 tablespoons evoo, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef and zaatar or baharat. Form into 4 patties.
3. Preheat oven to 350℉. Heat 2 tablespoons evoo in a medium pan on medium-high heat. Cook patties about 3 minutes until golden brown, flip and cook 3-5 minutes more until patties are fully cooked.
4. Warm Pitas for 4 minutes in oven on an oven safe pan.
Cut top edge off each pita and stuff with burger, fattoush and a drizzle of tahini, serve alongside salad.
Garnish fattoush with pita pieces and serve with your favorite condiment, like more Tahini and/or a sprinkle of sumac!