Shredded, bagged cabbage makes preparation of this delicious salad effortless.
This was the first Israeli dish I made from scratch. The recipe is from Chanie, my Israeli sister-in-law. She's famous for her elaborate salad course. It's so super easy that I make it all the time as a pretty and nourishing complement to any meal. My sister-in-law slices her own cabbage and that's how she instructed me to make the salad. But you know me. I found that the shredded, bagged cabbage is just as good. Trust me on this.
- Prep Time
- 1 bag shredded red cabbage (10-ounce)
- 4 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Place cabbage, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a salad bowl.
2. Mix to coat cabbage.
3. Chill for 1 hour and serve.