Soft cooked green beans with a spicy tomato pepper sauce can be served with chicken or fish. The vegetable side reheats well and taste great.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4-6 ServingsServings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, halved length-wise and then thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- ground coriander
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 8 ounce container Sabra Matbucha
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a medium sauté pan set over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and salt, and sauté until onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
2. Add spices and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add beans and matbucha, stirring to coat, and simmer until beans are tender, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Season with lemon juice and salt to taste. Serve at room temperature.