Move over regular bagel, Jerusalem Bagel has come to take your place. There's something incredible about biting into the chewy yet soft bagel covered in sesame seeds that will take your bread craving to another level.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ¼ cups warm water
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour
- Cold water
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive oil (for dipping)
- Zaatar (for dipping)
- Add sugar, yeast, salt, olive oil and warm water to a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Gradually add in Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour until the dough begins to form.
- Move dough onto a floured flat surface and knead for 5 mins until no lumps are left in the dough.
- Place dough back into the mixing bowl (oil the bowl lightly so that the dough doesn't stick to it). Cover with a towel.
- Put a full glass of water into the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Move the glass into the corner of the microwave, put the covered bowl with dough inside, close the door and leave to rise for 45 minutes. This is a quick hack to rise the dough fast. Otherwise, let the dough rise on the counter for an hour and a half or until at least doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Put the dough on the counter and separate into tennis ball shapes.
- Using two fingers, make a hole in the middle of the circle then stretch it out into a large circle.
- Dip the circles in cold water then cover completely in sesame seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Brush generously with olive oil as soon as you take it out of the oven.
- Serve with olive oil and zaatar for dipping.