- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 Cups GRILLED or COOKED WHITE TURKEY, skin removed
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Teaspoons black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Small lemon, cut in 2 sections
- 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally and toasted
1 Cut turkey from bones and cut into strips or cubes.
2 In medium saucepan, over high heat, combine vinegar, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, hot sauce, salt and lemon. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30 to 35 minutes.
3 Remove lemon quarters. Fold in turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture is heated throughout.
4 To serve, spoon hot barbecue mixture over bottom half of toasted burger buns. Top with other half.
Source: National Turkey Federation