When you have extra oatmeal leftover from breakfast, make these tasty muffins in just 20 minutes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 muffinsServings
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses or honey
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup of milk or soymilk
- 1/2 cooked oatmeal
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour, white whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
2. Beat together the oil, molasses or honey, egg and milk until completely combined. Stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
3. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir gently, just until combined.
4. Fill the prepared muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a knife inserted comes out dry.
5. Cool muffins for 2 minutes before removing them from the tins.