Malwah or malawach is a Yemenite fried dough that you can easily make at home with help from Tnuva, it is delicious on its own, but can be dressed up to make a full meal with this simple chicken topping.
Follow the recipe for pickled red onions and make extra. Pickled red onions, with their sweet-tart flavor, tender-crunchy texture and pretty-in-pink color are the ultimate topper for sandwiches, burgers, tacos, pizzas and salads.
Want more ways to use Malawach? Check out our How To Make a Malwach Bar.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4 malawah, cooked according to package directions
- ⅓ cup horseradish mayo
½ cup thinly sliced or pickled red onions
- Handful arugula
- Over low heat warm barbecue sauce and chicken in a small saucepan until heated through.
- Top malawah with sauce and chicken.
- Drizzle with horseradish mayo.
- Top with pickled red onions and arugula.