The Haden mango’s inherent richness complements the fresh ginger used in this Mango Coconut Chicken dish for a tantalizing flavor and aroma.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 ServingsServings
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large ripe, slightly soft mango, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and olive oil. Add the chicken to the seasoning mixture, coating completely, then discard spice mixture.
In a large nonstick skillet over high heat, add the chicken and sauté until well browned on both sides, about 7-8 minutes. Add the mango and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until cooked through. Add salt to taste.
Serving Suggestion: Serve chicken with sauce over steamed white or brown rice and garnish with cilantro.