Start off your holiday gathering with Ingrid Hoffmann's welcoming Mango Holiday Dip.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper puree*
- 3 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- Bread or arepas for dipping
Combine mango and red pepper puree in a medium size saucepan over medium-low heat and heat until warm for 3 to 4 minutes. Slowly stir in goat cheese until incorporated into puree. Season with salt and pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and fresh lime juice. Pour into serving bowl. Stir in cilantro and top with diced mango. Spread over toasted bread or serve with arepas for dipping.
*Can use store bought roasted red bell peppers in a jar or broil one or two whole red bell peppers under medium heat, turning frequently, as necessary, until the entire pepper skin has turned black and blistery, peel, remove seeds and membranes and puree.