Hummus is an amazing vegetarian spread, but you can turn it into a more substantial meal by topping it flavored ground beef.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Jamie Geller Shawarma
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup hummus
- Garnish: parsley
1. Heat evoo in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute until it begins to brown. Add beef, garlic, shawarma seasoning, salt and pepper and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, just barely breaking it up with a spatula.
2. Once the meat is cooked, sprinkle with parsley for garnish and serve over a bowl of hummus.