When you just need something fried there is nothing like a cheesey mozzarella stick hot from the fryer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 sticks mozzarella string cheese, plastic wrapping removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups flavored bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for frying
1. Prepare a dredge station: place eggs in one plate, flour in a second plate, and bread crumbs in a third plate.
2. Dip string cheese into flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs and place on plate. Repeat until all cheese sticks are coated.
3. Pour evoo into a large pot or deep fryer. Heat the oil to 350°F.
4. Place cheese sticks in hot oil, fry until golden on all sides. Remove to paper towels to drain.
5. Serve with your choice of dips, marinara sauce, ketchup, mayo etc.