- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced diagonally into 16 - 3/4? slices
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, cut in 1/2? pieces (about 1cup
- 1 large mild red onion, cut in 1/2? pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded & divided
1 Preheat charcoal grill or broiler.
2 In a large bowl, combine olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Lightly brush both sides of each bread slice with oil mixture; set aside.
3 To remaining oil in bowl, stir in mushrooms, red pepper and onion; toss to coat thoroughly.
4 Place vegetables on a grill rack or broiler pan. Grill or broil, 4 inches from heat source until vegetables are lightly charred, 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally; remove and keep warm.
5 Place bread slices on the grill rack or under the broiler until lightly browned, about 30 seconds; turn bread. Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella over bread slices, dividing evenly; heat just until melted.
6 Top cheese with hot grilled vegetables and remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
Source: Photo and Recipe Courtesy of Mushroom Council and Mushroominfo.com