This No-Bake Cheesecake Over Crumbled Caramel Biscuits takes just minutes to make, and is so sweet and creamy. Perfect for a holiday dessert on Shavuot. Caramel biscuits are popular in Europe, and are also known as Lotus or Speculus cookies, but can be substituted with any flavorful cookie.
- Prep Time
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- ½ cup water
- 24 caramel cookies
- 3.5 ounces butter
- 3 (8.8 ounces) containers 5% Fat Quark Creamy Soft Cheese
- ⅔ cup sugar + 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Sprinkle the gelatin in ½ cup of cold water, stir and set aside.
2. Crush the caramel cookies in a food processor.
3. Melt the butter in a small pot or microwave, pour over the crushed cookies and mix well.
4. Pour crumbled cookie mixture into a 9-inch round pan.
5. Mix the white cheese with ⅔ cup of sugar.
6. Whip the sweet cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
7. Fold the whipped cream into the cheese mixture and add the dissolved gelatin.
8. Pour the mixture over the cookie crumbs and cover the pan tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours until hardened.