A simple hamantaschen with a classic cookie dough and the easiest best filling.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 dozenServings
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup of Nutella
1. Place flour and baking powder in a bowl, and mix.
2. In a separate bowl, place the margarine and sugar and beat, preferably using an electric mixer.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla to the margarine mixture. Slowly add in the flour and continue to mix. The dough will begin to look like a crumbly mixture. Once this happens, finish mixing using your hands to smoothen the dough.
4. Roll out the dough until it is about 1/8th of an inch thick. Cover the dough in plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for 2-24 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Remove the dough from the fridge and use a cookie cutter or the rim of a drinking glass to cut out round circles about 3 inches in diameter. In the center of each circle, place 1 (generous) teaspoon of Nutella.
7. Pinch the corners of each circle in order to create a triangular shape, leaving the middle exposed
8. Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned, and let them cool before serving!