Kufta is a ground meat kebob and is totally transformed using ground turkey and the Israeli classics, fig and olive. The sweetness from the figs brings a new flavor profile to the usually very savory kufta.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup chopped dried Mission figs
- ¼ cup chopped dried pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon fig jam
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh garlic
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine turkey, figs, olives, jam, coriander, cumin, garlic, parsley, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Cover bowl or place in a resealable container or bag. Refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
2. Form meat into an oblong shape around your kebab stick. Brush oil over ground turkey mixture.
3. Grill on medium heat for 7 minutes on one side. Flip and grill 5 minutes more.
ALTERNATIVE TO GRILLING Preheat oven to 425°F and roast for 10 minutes on one side. Flip and roast 8 minutes more. ALTERNATIVE
SERVING OPTION Make into meatballs: Preheat oven to 375°F. Form mixture into 2 tablespoon-size balls, place on parchment-lined sheet, and roast for 20 minutes.