This vegetarian burger is a cross between falafel and hot wings. You start with a chickpea base with lots of herbs and spices and you finish with a spicy, creamy sauce. You will love this version of a veggie burger.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil1 small roughly chopped onion1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley1 Tablespoon ground cumin2 garlic cloves1 Tablespoon Kikkoman® Sriracha Sauce 1 large egg½ cup cooked bulgur* or quinoa1 (15.5-ounce) can drained chickpeas1 1/3 cups Kikkoman® Panko Bread Crumbs, dividedPinch kosher salt4 burger buns Burger toppings: Kikkoman® Sriracha Mayo, lettuce, sliced tomato and sliced onion
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush oil over parchment. Set aside.
- To make burgers, process onion, parsley, cumin, garlic, sriracha hot chili sauce, egg chickpeas, bulgur, ⅓ cup panko and a pinch of salt. Pulse a few times until mixture is still slightly chunky. Set aside.
- Place remaining cup of panko bread crumbs in a plate. Scoop out ⅓ cup chickpea burger mix at a time, and place in panko bread crumbs. Coat patties lightly in remaining 1 cup of panko bread crumbs, being gentle to ensure patty keeps its puck-like shape.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, remove from oven and flip burgers. Cook 15 minutes more.
- Serve on buns topped with sriracha mayo, lettuce, tomato and onion.
*How to Cook Bulgur
Place ¼ cup bulgur in a bowl, top with ½ cup boiling water. Cover bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed.