These Girl Scout cookies are called Peanut Butter Patties or Tagalongs, and guess what? I’ve made them gluten-free and Paleo. Now you can enjoy more gluten-free, Paleo Girl Scout Cookies. No need to give in to cravings for the regular (sugar-filled, gluten-filled) Girl Scout Cookies which are everywhere this time of year.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons palm shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sunbutter
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
1. In a food processor, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
2. Pulse in shortening, honey and vanilla until combined.
3. Roll out dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4-inch thick .
4. Chill dough in freezer for 20 minutes.
5. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter , cut out dough .
6. Press your thumb in center of each circle to make indentation .
7. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes .
8. Cool cookies for 1 hour .
9. Place one teaspoon of sunbutter on top of each cookie .
10. Freeze for 10 minutes .
11. Melt chocolate over very low heat .
12. Dip cookies in chocolate .
13. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet .
14. Freeze for 30 minutes .
Recipe posted with permission from Elana's Pantry