This is an awesome way to enjoy Greek yogurt. Pavlova is a meringue dessert which is traditionally filled with whipped cream and fresh fruit. Change things up a bit and fill with Greek yogurt for a tangy and rich-tasting option. The Greek yogurt complements the sweet meringue perfectly.
You can also have fun with this dessert and use flavored Greek yogurt. We used vanilla and paired it with fresh fruit, and paired the light coffee Greek yogurt with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 ServingsServings
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 200°F.
2. Whip egg whites until foamy.
3. Slowly add sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Add vinegar and vanilla extract and beat until meringue batter holds its shape when turned upside down on beater.
5. Place in piping bag and pipe circles on parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving space in center of circle for filling. You can make one large 9-inch circle, or smaller circles for individual servings.
6. Bake for 1½ hours in oven.
7. Leave in oven for another hour to cool.
8. Fill with Norman's Greek Yougurt — your choice of flavor, and fresh fruit or crushed cookies.
As seen in Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Winter 2014 - Subscribe Now