Wrap your brats or hot dogs in potato blankets filled with mustard for a tasty snack or dinner any time.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cups prepared mashed Idaho® potatoes (made from Idaho® potato flakes or from fresh potatoes)
- 6 links (about 18 ounces) cooked turkey (or soy) bratwurst
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut
- Mustard to taste
- Breadcrumbs (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F. Cover a clean work surface with an 8-inch-long piece of waxed paper.
2. Pat 1/2 cup mashed potatoes into a 4 x 6-inch rectangle on top of the waxed paper.
3. Place one bratwurst or hot dog across the 4-inch side of the potato rectangle so that the ends hang over the edge of the potatoes.
4. Using a spoon, place 1 tablespoon sauerkraut along the bratwurst. Drizzle mustard along the bratwurst or hot dog, to taste.
5. Gently pick up the waxed paper, using it to help roll the potato over the bratwurst to enclose it completely in potatoes.
6. Gently transfer to a baking sheet and pat the seam closed.
7. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, if desired. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Source: Idaho Potato Commission