Many people think that a high-protein lifestyle mainly includes red meat and poultry, but salmon is another great option. This salmon entree encrusted in a nutrient-rich pistachio-flaxseed topping provides a nutty and crunchy texture that will be sure to fill you up.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 4-6 fillets (around 3 pounds) of wild salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup salted pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, chop the pistachios until coarse, with pieces of the pistachios still visible. Add the flaxseeds, parsley,garlic powder, and cumin and blend for 30 seconds, until all ingredients are combined.
3. Rub the salmon fillets with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place them on the baking sheet and cover the tops with the pistachio mixture.
4. Bake the salmon fillets for 20-25 minutes, until the salmon flakes with a fork and the center is a light pink color.