Delicious and easy homemade pizza great for a light family dinner or for entertaining. You can even make your own pizza sauce simply by sauteeing garlic in olive oil and adding fresh grated tomatoes and basil to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 package fresh pizza dough (Trader Joes has a great kosher one)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cut into small cubes
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh sliced basil
1 Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or us a pizza pan.
2 Place dough in center of cookie sheet and press down with your fingertips to edges of cookie sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch edge around sides.
3 Brush dough with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with sea salt.
4 Place sliced tomatoes (or use fresh tomato sauce) evenly over crust overlapping slightly.
5 Sprinkle evenly with mushrooms, olives, peppers, or artichokes.
6 Top with cheese and fresh basil leaves.
7 Place in pre-heated 450℉ oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.