We love playing with our food! Especially when it tastes this good. All you need is a few simple ingredients to make a fun menorah/hanukkiah shaped pull-apart pizza to celebrate Hanukkah this year.
You will go crazy over the addition of Za'atar to this pizza now our very own Jamie Geller Za'atar is available on Amazon.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons Jamie Geller Za'atar, divided
- Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough into a large circle on a piece of parchment paper. Using a pizza cutter, pastry cutter or knife cut across in half.
- Spread the sauce over one half-moon of dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and zaatar. Flip the other half moon over top of the filling. Stretch the dough to cover completely.
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, make slices about 1 inch apart from the middle outward to create 5 curved arms on each side, leaving the middle intact.
- Pull the bottom strips into the center and twist and fold over to create the base. Twist the remaining 4 strips on each side. Fold and twist the middle while Pulling up to make the shamash. the middle to stretch and make taller than the rest.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil with garlic and remaining zaatar and brush over top. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Note: You can also make this with spinach and cream cheese for a spinach dip pull-apart pizza. Simply combine 5 ounces thawed and drained spinach with ¼ cup cream cheese, salt, and za'atar. Spread over the dough, sprinkle with mozzarella and top with other half of the dough. Follow instructions above for cutting and shaping.