This delicious low fat cake is loaded with vitamins and fall flavors. Bake it into cupcakes and frost with Pumpkin Bavarian Creme, your favorite frosting or bake the cake into layers and serve as a festive fall cake with poached pears.
- 8 ounce cake flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In a high speed mixer, beat the eggs and sugar together until they reach a ribbon stage (when you lift the beat out of the mixture, the eggs and sugar will form a ribbon that will hold its shape for a few seconds).
- Fold the pumpkin puree into the egg and sugar mixture. Add the dry ingredients and gently mix together.
- Spoon the cake batter into a muffin tin lined with cupcake cups or into parchment lined 8” cake pans.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes for cupcakes or until the cake is lightly browned and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Spread with Pumpkin Bavarian Creme