Corn meal is naturally whole grain and loaded with fiber. Make this for breakfast or save as a snack or side dish.
Make these muffins in minutes with a little help from your blender.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 muffinsServings
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat milk or almond milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 8 muffin cups, or use an an 8- x8-inch baking pan, pie dish or 10-inch cast iron skillet.
2. Combine ingredients in the order listed in your blender.
3. Blend on low speed for 60 seconds or until the batter is smooth.
4. Pour into greased baking dish.
5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 197
- Carbohydrate Content: 27.4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 7.4 g
- Fiber Content: 1.3 g
- Protein Content: 5.3 g