The kids will love it when cereal turns up on their fish sticks. Quick, easy and extra crispy, you will love how these fish sticks taste and then quickly disappear.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 large acorn squash, cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound firm fleshed, lean fish such as halibut, cod, whitefish
- 1 egg white whisked with 1 tablespoon water2 cups brown puffed rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Serve with our homemade ketchup or green goddess dressing
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place squash on baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons evoo, salt and pepper on one side of pan. Roast turning occasionally.
- While squash is roasting, prepare fish. Set out 1 bowl with egg white mixture and 1 bowl or plate with puffed rice, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and in egg white mixture and then into puffed rice.
- When squash has lightly browned, about 20 minutes, push together at one end of sheet pan. Toss green beans with evoo and salt and pepper. Add green beans to sheet pan. Place fish on sheet pan, drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and roast for 12 - 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through until fish is cooked through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 339
- Carbohydrate Content: 37.6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 11.9 g
- Fiber Content: 7.6 g
- Protein Content: 26.2 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 1.7 g