What would a healthy meal be without something green on the table? This crunchy asparagus adds a layer of texture to the menu and the green onion dress-ing certainly takes it up another notch.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 6 ServingsServings
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Green Onion Dressing
- 8-10 (1 bundle) scallions, greens only
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut off the edges of the asparagus, then place them on the baking sheet. Coat the asparagus with the olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook for 30 minutes, until beginning to brown but still crunchy.
3. To make the green onion aioli, combine all of the ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor and blend until smooth. While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil until a thick sauce is formed. Drizzle the dressing over the roasted asparagus and serve.