- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, cut in half 4
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion 60 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced 1
- 1/2 tsp salt 2 mL
- 1/2 tsp pepper 2 mL
- 1/3 cup fresh bread crumbs 75 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 15 mL
1 Place tomato halves on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle each half with some of the canola oil.
2 Combine red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and bread crumbs in a small bowl. Stir to combine ingredients. Sprinkle mixture over cut sides of the tomatoes.
3 Roast tomatoes at 350F (180C) for 45-60 minutes, or until tomatoes are very tender. Sprinkle fresh herbs over tomatoes and serve immediately.