Trying to eat less meat? Burgers made from salmon are delicious and give you the burger feeling without the meat. The best part is you can have ice cream for dessert.
While burgers are cooking, make Cucumber Dill Sauce.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Cooking spray
- 1 (2-pound) salmon fillet, skinned
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
Cucumber Dill Sauce
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup regular or low-fat plain yogurt
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 kaiser rolls
1. Spray grill pan with cooking spray and place over high heat.
2. Cut salmon to fit in food processor bowl. Place salmon in the bowl of the food processor and pulse for 15 seconds, or finely chop by hand.
3. In a medium bowl, combine salmon with egg and bread crumbs. Form into 6 patties.
4. Place burgers on the pan, reduce heat to medium. Grill burgers for 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and done.
Cucumber Dill Sauce:
1. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, garlic, onions, yogurt, dill, salt, and pepper.
2. Place each salmon burger in a kaiser roll with 2 tablespoons of Cucumber Dill Sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of QUICK & KOSHER Meals in Minutes, by Jamie Geller (Feldheim 2010) - BUY NOW