Flavor your brisket with shawarma seasoning and serve it in a pita for the ultimate shawarma sandwich.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Rub brisket with shawarma seasoning. Heat a large sauté pan, coated with 2 tablespoons evoo, over medium heat.
- Sear brisket on both sides until golden (about 5-7 minutes per side).
- Place brisket in a 9x13” baking dish.
- Add remaining tablespoon evoo to sauté pan. Add onions and sauté for 10 minutes, until onions soften and start caramelizing.
- Scatter onions over brisket, add garlic and drizzle honey. Cover tightly and bake for 3 hours.
- Allow to cool before slicing. Preferably store in fridge overnight.
- Slice against the grain and reheat in sauce or shred brisket and serve stuffed in a pita with tahini and Israeli salad.