You can make these sliders with buffalo meat which will totally satisfy your craving for red meat but is lower in fat than beef.
You can also make them with lean beef or even turkey. These sliders are perfect for a crowd or just a light lunch or dinner. Don't you just love how cute they are?
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound ground beef, bison or turkey
- 8 tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 slider buns or rolls
- 6 slices red onion
- 1 (11-ounce) bag frozen onion rings, baked
- In a medium bowl, combine meat with 2 tablespoons bbq sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine and form into 6 patties about ½-inch thick.
- Heat a large non-stick sauté pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook patties 5 to 7 minutes per side or until a nice brown crust is formed and middle is still pink. Let sit 5 minutes.
- To assemble sliders, place a slice of red onion on the bottom of bun. Top with patty, 1 tablespoon bbq sauce and top of bun. Serve with onion rings baked according to package directions.