Socca is the simple 1 ingredient flatbread that will go with anything you are serving. Use it as a pizza dough, serve with salatim, or just enjoy it plain.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 to 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups water
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Place a 12-inch cast iron skillet in the oven.
2. Whisk together chickpea flour, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in 1 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of evoo. Allow batter to sit for 10 to 15 minutes. The batter should be thick but pourable. If it's very thick, add the remaining ½ cup of water.
3. Remove skillet from the oven and coat with 2 tablespoons evoo.
4. Pour batter into the skillet and bake at 450°F for 15 minutes, or until it's firm throughout and gently golden on the edges. Drizzle 1 or 2 tablespoons evoo on the top of the batter and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes more, until the top is crispy and lightly golden.