Enjoy the flavors of the Southwest with this flavorful burger beefed up with black beans and spices. When you top with your favorite guacamole and my favorite Pico de Gallo you will know your not in Kansas anymore.
Don't miss my 9 Burger recipes for more ways to change up dinner.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 burgersServings
- 1½ pound ground beef
- 4 green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ciabetta rolls, split
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled pitted and mashed
- 4 tablespoon Pice de Gallo
- In a large bowl combine beef, onions, beans, and cumin and mix well. Divide into 4 portions and form into ½-inch thick patties. Season both sides lightly with pepper.
- Cook burgers on a preheated grill for 8 minutes per side for medium rare or about 12 minutes per side for medium or longer depending on desired doneness.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place each burger on a ciabatta roll with 2 tablespoons each mashed avocado and Pico de Gallo.
TIP: When making burgers, remove the ground meat from the fridge about 20 minutes before forming into patties. Resist the urge to over handle while trying to form perfect-looking burgers. Over handling will cause the meat to toughen.