One of my favorite dinners growing up was my father’s spicy garlic spaghetti with roasted chicken and lots of olive oil. As a parent, I love to watch my kids scarf down my variation on a childhood favorite. To change things up and keep this dish pareve, I love to add kani instead of chicken to the pasta.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, such as Colavita
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons red chili peppers, seeds removed, minced
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked linguine pasta
- Freshly cracked salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh basil
1. Heat evoo in a large saute pan or wok over medium heat. Add garlic, and sauté until lightly golden brown, about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
2. Add chili peppers and chicken, and cook for 1 more minute. Add pasta and stir well until fully coated and hot.
3. Remove from stove and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with basil to garnish.
Goes with: Fresh Tomato Herb Salad. Dice vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil or parsley. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix. This fresh salad will balance out the heat of the pasta.