It’s the perfect warm drink for a cold night. It's worth adding to your bag of tricks. You get the goodness of calcium with the comfort of chocolate, plus the added zing of spices: hot, spicy, sweet and comforting -- all in one sip!
Try it, and let me know what you think.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Coffee or Chocolate Liqueur (optional)
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, bring milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, cinnamon and cayenne to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until thoroughly warmed through.
- Add chocolate chips and whisk vigorously until smooth.
- Remove from heat and divide between four glasses.
- Serve with cinnamon sticks in each glass to be used as a stir stick. Add a splash of coffee or chocolate liqueur to each serving, if desired.