Ten minutes to prepare this spinach souffle, then pop in the oven. By the time you set the table, make a salad and put out the baguettes dinner is ready.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 - 6Servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Muenster cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9X13 baking dish.
2. In large skillet, heat oil and add mushrooms, onions, red pepper, spinach, and seasonings. Cook until the vegetables are soft then drain them on a paper towel lined colander.
3. Whisk eggs in a large bowl.
4. Stir eggs in spinach mixture and add about 3/4 of cheese.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, scatter remaining cheese on top and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool for 10 minutes, cut into squares and serve. Serves 4 to 6 depending on how small or large you cut it.