This Strawberry Citrus Salad is bright and tangy! Great for your next summer snack! For added protein and depth of flavor, add Greek yogurt and fresh mint.
Blend any leftover salad with ice for a sensational smoothie.
- Prep Time
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1 large orange, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup small kumquats, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
1. Combine the strawberries, orange slices, kumquats, and fresh mint.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, and honey, and then pour the dressing over the strawberry-citrus mixture and combine. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving in order for the flavors to combine.
Tip: For added protein and depth of flavor, add a dollop of Greek yogurt with a sprig of fresh mint when ready to serve.
Recipe published in JOY of KOSHER with Jamie Geller Summer 2014. Subscribe Now.