I call this MY DINNER IN A BAG. I park next to the Farmer’s market, grab my basket and pick whatever vegetables look good to me. Race home, boil water and 15 minutes later I have a healthy and homemade dinner. You can vary this dish by using whatever vegetables are in season.
The creamy and rich homemade cheese all gooey and folded into the pasta is simply heavenly and is a perfect way to end the day.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 pound pasta, cooked al dente (I use whole wheat pasta)
- Best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini, I use a box grater
- 1 cup grated onion
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated beets
- 2 cups kale
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ½ cup torn basil leaves
- ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese (see recipe)
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Place a large sauté pan, lightly coated with olive oil, over medium heat.
- Sauté the vegetables until they are slightly wilted and lightly golden brown (be sure to season the vegetables with salt and pepper)
- Toss the vegetables, cheese and herbs with the pasta. Drizzle with additional evoo and freshly cracked pepper.