A chocolate toffee and nut bar you can make yourself, so good.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 - 10Servings
- 1 cup butter
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup coarsely chopped blanched almonds, toasted
- 4-4½ ounce bars milk chocolate, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped blanched almonds or pecans, toasted
- Grease a 9X13 pan and set it aside.
- In a large sauce pan melt the butter. Add the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring now and then; to hard-crack stage (300 on your candy thermometer) watch carefully after temperature reaches 280.
- Quickly stir in coarsely chopped nuts; spread in well-greased pan. Cool thoroughly.
- Turn out on waxed paper; spread top with half the melted chocolate; sprinkle with half the finely chopped nuts.
- Cover with waxed paper; invert; spread again with remaining chocolate.
- Sprinkle top with remaining nuts. If necessary, chill to firm chocolate. Break into pieces.