Make your own tomato chutney and use it to top everything from burgers to a delicious meat pizza.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2½ cupsServings
- 4 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Place tomatoes, onion, vinegars, sugar, salt, red pepper, coriander, and ginger into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for 40 minutes.
2. Cool, cover, and refrigerate for 3 weeks.
Tomato chutney pizza: Spread chutney over pizza dough. Top with shredded chicken or meat, and a ¼ cup chopped basil. Bake in 450°F oven for 20 minutes. Drizzle with garlic mayonnaise. Top with baby arugula and pickled red onions.