- 6-8 ServingsServings
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut in half and sliced lengthwise 4
- 2 Tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 60 mL
- 1-2 Tbsp orange juice or favorite liquor 15-30 mL
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cardamom 1-2 mL
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut 60 mL
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted, coarsely chopped 60 mL
1 Prepare bananas. Heat canola oil in saucepan over medium-high heat
2 Add brown sugar, orange juice and cardamom. Heat ingredients, stirring gently.
3 Add bananas and continue to stir gently, spooning brown sugar mixture over bananas as they cook. Do not over cook bananas as they will turn mushy
4 Transfer bananas to individual serving dishes and spoon sauce over top of each serving.
5 Sprinkle with toasted coconut and macadamia nuts. Serve immediately.