Sliced pineapple adds a tropical flavor to the well known tuna melt. For breakfast, brunch, lunch or late-night snack, on English muffins, bagels or bread.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 halvesServings
- 1 (6-ounce) can tuna or salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. In a bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, salt and lemon-pepper. Spread the mixture over the muffin halves.
3. Top each with a slice of pineapple and cheese.
4. Broil 6 inches from the heat for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Serve immediately.
You can replace English muffins with bagels.