Homemade tartar sauce spread on grilled hamburger buns give extra flavor and pizzaz to these great turkey burgers. The sauce can be made in advance or saved for future use (if there's any left!).
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chilies
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 slices plum tomato
- Red leaf lettuce or bib lettuce (about 1 ounce)
1. In small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, olive oil, red onion, dill, chilies and capers. Whisk the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover and chill. (Sauce can be made 2 days ahead.)
1. Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
2. Form ground turkey into four 1/2 inch-thick patties. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Grill burgers until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
3. Grill buns until just toasted.
4. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce on bottom half of each bun. Top each with 1 burger, then 1 more tablespoon sauce. Top each with 1 onion slice, 2 tomato slices, then the lettuce. Cover with bun tops.
5. Serve, passing remaining tartar sauce separately.
Chipotle give these burgers a terrific kick. Adding sliced tomatoes, grilled onions and some crispy lettuce and you have a meal on a bun.