Homemade, non-pastuerized pickles, such as these Ume Red Radish Pickles, help aid in digestion of foods we eat and to maintain a healthy digestive system. You can find these ingredients and more at Eden.
- Prep Time
- 1 cup red radishes, sliced into thin rounds or half-moons
- 1 cup red radish tops, green part, chopped
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup EDEN Ume Plum Vinegar
1. Place the radishes and greens in a one quart glass jar.
2. Mix the water and vinegar together and pour over the radishes. Place a piece of clean cotton cheesecloth over the top of the jar and secure with a rubber band or tie with a piece of string. Set aside on the counter for 24 hours.
3. Remove the cheesecloth and place the lid on the jar. Refrigerate and remove only what you need for a serving (1 tablespoon equals 1 serving) during the week.
Always rinse what you remove under cold water to remove excess salt, refrigerating the remainder. These pickles will keep approximately 10 days in the refrigerator.
Find this recipe and more at Eden Foods.